Thursday 26 November 2015

NaNoWriMo Update - Only 5 days to go!


While my American readers are celebrating Thanksgiving, I am celebrating a smaller, but an equally important day (OK possibly not!). Today I caught up with NaNoWriMo. Yay!

You may remember that the last time I reported back, I was well ahead of the game, but then something happened with the forthcoming novel, The Navy Wife, which meant that I had to concentrate on fixing some sections of the story I wasn't happy with, and sadly, the National Novel Writing Month had to give way to this, more urgent, project.

Now, I know this goes against everything I preach about writing every day, whatever. My only excuse  is that I was by no means not writing, in fact I was writing more words than my daily 2,000 on the NaNoWriMo challenge. Even so, I fell behind, and have only today been able to catch up again. 

Phew!

It's strange that these little bars on the NaNoWriMo site can have such an effect on me. Especially where they are on the wrong side of the line.

In any case, all is now well in the Halme Author Towers. I can now say that I will finish on time - bar major disasters. (Fingers crossed) 

So, happy Thanksgiving to my American friends, and please congratulate me for once again being on course to finish this all-consuming November challenge!





No comments: